Family meant everything to me~ What others thinking about us~ I won't mind at all~ Because I know I live a happy life with him and her~ Nobody should question how we would spend our life & how our life will turn out to be~ Nothing else matter .. LIFE AS WE KNOW IT

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

♡ Breastfeeding journey


It have been 5month++ breastfeeding journey for me.. There are ups and downs.. But I'm willing to go beyond than I thought I could, purely because of my need to fulfill my obligation to my dearest daughter. To complete her 6 month of life..it is her right to be fed only with my breast milk. After that, she also have the right to continue feeding my breast milk and solid food.

Putri were fed with water, goat milk, grape juice and FM when she was just a few days old..due to the Jaundice she was having a that time. The jaundice level were at 37.. more than 40 putri need to have blood transfusion.. I pray so hard that she could get well soon.

With in 2 weeks she had been hospitalize twice due to jaundice. But eventually her jaundice level dropped after a bruise on her head gone.. Thank god.

So new born to 1month... I did breast feed her but I had to add in FM also.. My nipple were badly cut.. there are times when she were feed, my nipple bleeding and I cried all through the feeding...huhu...

After 1month.. I thought I could not handle the pain...so I plan to stop breast feeding..
Then, she was admitted to Hospital Ampang due to bad cough and fast breathing.. She was diagnosed with Bronchopneumonia.. I was so worried then... I had cried most of the time I'm with her... We stayed for 5 days to complete her antibiotics.. Luckily she did not have any fever at all.. Thank god..

After that experience, I decide I won't give up on feeding my daughter with breast milk.. Back then I know that I did not want my daughter to gone through the horrifying experience again.. and the only way to keep her healthy and happy are MY BREAST MILK..

I'm determined to push my self to the limit...so that Putri could fed with my breast milk until she is 2years old..

Now I uses marmet technique, I could not use breast pump..It hurts badly..

I had my difficulties in keeping milk supply.. This is what I experienced weeks ago:-

10.30am - 0.5oz
12.00pm - 2.0oz
3.00pm - 2.0oz
5.00pm -0.5oz

After trying many kinds of milk booster, avarage:-

10.30am - 2.5oz
12.30pm - 4.00oz
3.00pm - 2.5oz
5.00pm - 3.0oz


For the time being, I had :-

1. In comix - Red Dates and Logan
2. Fenugreet
3. Anlene
4. Kurma
5. Planta + Cheese

for milk booster.. the effect is different for others...
have to find which one give the boost for you..

I did not keep high supply of milk in the freeze.. I express today for tomorrow usage.. It's rather fresh and easy to maintain.

SOooo...Breast milk is the best milk for your baby!!! Although it is hard..it worth every sweat..trust me on this..


~I'm Proud to be a WIFE and a MOTHER~

No comments:

Post a Comment